Sales have started for Konica Minolta’s new AccurioPress C14000 series, its first foray into the high-volume toner printing segment. The AccurioPress C14000 prints at 140 pages per minute (ppm) in A4 and is 40% faster than any other toner-based device from Konica Minolta. A second model in the series, the AccurioPress C12000, provides the same print quality and a similarly fast speed of 120 ppm.
Unveiled across the world in October, this new flagship cut-sheet product will maximize customer value based on opportunities for business expansion, accelerated operational efficiency and improved total cost of ownership (TCO) with faster investment return. The C14000 Series is also part of Konica Minolta’s mission to support the transformation of its clients’ companies by sector and industry, predicting potential challenges and creating solutions together. The presses will help customers that want to expand and streamline their businesses through advanced automation, fewer human touchpoints and higher productivity with tangible effects leading to increased, high-quality output with less waste.
Until the launch, Konica Minolta AccurioJet KM-1 inkjet press had been its flagship production model with a speed of 3,000 sheets per hour, designed more for high-quality applications, similar to offset printing. The AccurioPress C6100s series for mid production print (MPP), on the other hand, are designed to support a highly responsive print room environment. The AccurioPress C14000 covers the gap between these two products in the high production print (HPP) segment, offering a higher print volume and longer duty cycle to reach new commercial print customers within the HPP segment requiring high productivity, efficiency of operations and quality for direct mail, brochures and catalogues.
“Konica Minolta has been a pioneer for well over a decade and set new standards in the industry, which we will now expand into the high production print (HPP) segment,” said Olaf Lorenz, General Manager DX Branding Division bei Konica Minolta, Inc. “This is a really high-quality press, which we are confident will be really successful in terms of sales and will provide numerous benefits for customers. The similarities in quality between traditional offset and what we can do with toner is astonishing.”
Konica Minolta’s IQ-501 Intelligent Quality Care enhanced auto inspection options offer expanded inspection performance, verifying print quality and now detecting streaks and spots as well as blemishes. The high-quality prints mean maximum stability even during long run jobs, while better registration and quality increases total print volume. The new presses offer a highly reliable duty cycle of 2.5 million, with double the toner capacity of earlier models.
“The IQ-501 is a differentiator for us,” added Mr Lorenz. “While other manufacturers have similar technology, we believe our unique, inline auto inspection unit will separate us from the pack of comparable devices. Both the AccurioPress series of printers and the IQ-501 Intelligent Quality Care are designed and offered to the market exclusively by Konica Minolta.”
- The unique features of the AccurioPress 14000 series make these products ideal for customers looking to increase productivity through efficiencies and speed to grow their business.
- Output speeds of 140 and 120 ppm, plus the high resolution equivalent to 3600x2400 dpi and enhanced media capability up to 450 gsm, combines breathtaking speeds with outstanding image quality and unparalleled media flexibility.
- New duplex banner printing up to 900mm, simplex banner length capability of 1300mm, envelope and embossed media printability gives customers the opportunity to print new types of work, such as four-panel gatefold brochures and book covers for finishing offline.
- To further improve efficiency and output, envelope printing can be accomplished using the standard fuser.
- Finally, new technology used in the print engine dramatically improves image quality on textured paper stocks.